< What is Red Mold, Is It Dangerous? | Orange Mold

What Is Red Mold, Is It Dangerous?

It can be difficult to notice the red mold because they are often accompanied by the other darker molds. You should know that there are so many different types of mold and fungus out there. Some are pretty harmful while the others are quite harmless. When we are talking about the red fungus, where does it stand? Should you be aware of its presence?

Understanding Red Mold in a Deeper Sense

What is Red Mold, Is It Dangerous
What is Red Mold, Is It Dangerous

Just like any other mold, the fungus has the so-called hypha which is the filamentous structure that can have a color in it. Some molds have a reddish appearance in a certain stage of its growth and life. Some molds have the red colors for as long as they live but some may only have a shorter lifespan of the color. When scientists want to learn about a certain mold or fungus, they will have to collect samples and study them in a very thorough method. Yes, molds can look the same but they create different effects like Pink Mold: Understanding The Type And The Effect.

Just like other molds, the red mold likes to stay in a moist and dark place. They love humid area with as little light as possible. That’s why you will find molds mostly grow in kitchens or bathrooms, basements, or plumbing fixtures. Most molds don’t really like ultraviolet lights and they prefer the cold and dingy spots. If you want to know whether your living space is infested by the mold, you should check the areas with high level of humidity, moisture, and darkness.

Red Mold
Red Mold

The red mold can be found in walls, damp areas around the house, and even on your bread. Yes, they can grow in food too. Generally, this type of mold is pretty harmless although it doesn’t mean that you can have a direct contact with it. It is advisable that you should avoid any contact with any type of mold or fungus, no matter what. If you find the mold on your food, it would be better to discard it right away.

The Common Solution

Dealing with molds isn’t extremely difficult although you should also take a careful precaution about it. Removing the mold with hot water and soap is possible. You should also consider improving the air circulation or install a heater to make the area dry. It is also a good idea to provide sunlight access and light up the area to prevent the red mold from coming again to any places in your house.