< How To Get Rid of Pink Mold Growing On Walls | Orange Mold

How To Get Rid of Pink Mold Growing On Walls

Even though we often think of mold as fungi, pink mold is actually a bacteria. In most cases you will find pink mold growing on walls in dark and wet areas of the house. It can grow in the most areas of the house but it is mostly found on walls, drywall, in the basement and bathroom. It is also very common to find pink mold growing around showers, tile grouts, washstands, bathtubs and walls near the big concentration of water and humidity.

Now that you know what it is and where to find it, let’s learn more about what this means for your health.

 

Pink mold can cause a lot of health issues like allergic reactions, infections, and respiratory problems, inflammations, rashes, etc. This is a very serious problem, especially if you are living with kids, infants or pets.

How To Get Rid of Pink Mold Growing On Walls

Kids and infants are at big risk of developing allergies further in life because of exposure to mold. So if you noticed pink mold growing on walls it is time to make some preparations and effectively remove it. If you decide to remove it by yourself, first you need to buy the right tools and be sure to wear a protective mask, glows and goggles.

The first step in getting rid of pink mold is vacuuming the contaminated area. This is important because you want to decrease the amount of spores getting into the air. Be sure to use HEPA filter while vacuuming mold, this is going to keep the spores in the filter and release clean air in the room.

After vacuuming you need to choose the cleaning solution, some of the best mold cleaners are bleach, undiluted vinegar, borax or 3 percent hydrogen peroxide. Pay close attention not to use any of those mixed together, use one and mix it with 1 gallon of water.

After mixing the solution with water, it is time to take a sponge or a cloth and apply it on the mold. Let it sit for an hour, and then scrub the mold until you cleaned it all. When you finished cleaning mold it is time for one final wipe with clean water.

If you are not able to clean the mold yourself if the mold is staying after you tried to clean it or you have health issues that prevent you to be around mold you should call the professionals. Even though it will cost you some money at least you know that your house is in the right hands. They are trained to be effective and to get rid of the mold once and for all. But even if you call professionals that doesn’t mean mold will not come back, so you need to learn how to prevent that from happening.

One of the best ways from preventing pink mold growing on walls and other areas in the house is to keep the rooms dry. You can achieve this by using a bathroom fan while showering, and cleaning all wet areas after you finish. Be sure to clean all soap or shampoo remnants because of most of the bacteria that causes mold to use this as food. Last but not least check the pipes and possible leakage sources as those are also common reasons for pink mold forming. I hope this article will help you to understand, prevent or get rid of pink mold in your house.

You may also like Orange Mold on Cheese

References;

  • https://homequicks.com/what-is-pink-mold-is-it-harmful
  • https://www.moldguide101.com/types-of-mold/pink-mold/
  • https://homereference.net/pink-mold/